Wednesday, October 6, 2010

'Die Hard's' John McTiernan breaks silence

"Die Hard", John McTiernan has been sentenced to one year imprisonment and fined $ 100,000 Monday for lying during the investigation of wiretapping Hollywood private eye Anthony Pellicano and his participation in the wiretapping of producer Charles Roven. U. S. District Judge Dale Fischer was given a severe reprimand from the bench before sentencing McTiernan, saying "the defendant does not feel the law applies to him».

McTiernan denied the opportunity to go to court or talk to reporters outside the courtroom, but released pending appeal, talked to The Hollywood Reporter.

The Hollywood Reporter: You had the chance to face the pain, but chose not to. Why?

John McTiernan: lawyers have told me that if I said something that really is in my mind, could not guarantee that I was in prison at this time. I was ready. They spent nearly 36 hours to beg me. [Said] "I feel good for about five minutes, and then curse you for a long time. "

THR: What do you think?

McTiernan: I'm not saying anything. There was no reason to say anything in this place, this place is not listening.

THR: There were no comments from the bench, eating aged cheese and wine "in the prison where they come from.;

McTiernan: [Fischer] was trying to mock me. I take an antidepressant too heavy and I lived there for 35 years and have serious dietary restrictions. And what we did was more stupid than them and put them in was a ridiculous charge was put to paper, and simply repeated addition.

THR: Are you attractive?

McTiernan: We are already archiving documents. I have already paid the lawyer to call.

THR: Are you optimistic that it will serve his sentence?

McTiernan: I have not started because I was afraid to go to jail. It would be much easier to go to jail. And cheaper. And some of the few maximum-security prison camp is not bad, and there are really interesting people. And I managed to live my life not too afraid of new experiences, including from a federal prison for four months. This is why I started this fight. I started because people have less respect for the law I am accused.

THR: No doubt you hear?

McTiernan: I do not doubt any of the facts of the case every time I knew who I was talking about.

THR: The lawyers you noted this was an aberration of character. Do you agree?

McTiernan: I think it is for me to say. Other people can do what will make my character. Generally at present, is a bitch and defend myself by saying that is ridiculous.

THR: Have you ever apologized Roven;

McTiernan: My lawyers did not want. I wrote an apology to him for a long time, but my lawyers do not want to send it to me.

THR: You have not made a movie since 2003, why?

McTiernan: I worked for two years and then everything happened just as we were ready to begin. This was the pilot movie, I can not remember the name. It destroyed three other films. Just on the issue of security. To insure a movie, you should be able to guarantee 18 months.

THR: What's the latest on the action film "Shrapnel;

McTiernan: This is really the financiers and producers. Have so far been very positive. They plan to begin late next spring.

THR: pending appeal?

McTiernan: Has yet to decide on all kinds of things. You never know with film.

THR: It is the story of two veterans competing in a war game. We call on a subconscious level?

McTiernan: No, come on. It's just a good script. We want to make it more modern. Today we have two children in the Second World War. Will be more modern, probably the Gulf War.

THR: It's important for you to make a comeback in Hollywood?

McTiernan: I have no idea, and it is in my mind. I know it makes a good story to make me a former boxer or something. Or a quarterback for 47 years, trying to one more season. All this changed my attitude about things. There are several good movies, I want to do, but can not do more and get used to it and see what interests you or not - it was the worst experience in the world. Hollywood, I was not in the composition of Hollywood long ago. I have gone long ago. I hate to say this, [but] I never read the trade.

THR: How do you miss video editing?

McTiernan: I'm perfectly happy not to work in bad movies. I'm perfectly happy to do without money. Yes, there are many disappointments in this area. I can not tell what it was like a visit to a monastery for five years or anything. But to some extent has made it easier to keep straight what was important and what is unreasonable.

THR: What about a young McTiernan; Would you advise?

McTiernan: I will not try. You can not say anything filmmakers, no matter what stage of life if it can not be managers.

THR: When you stop the calls?

McTiernan: We do not stop. At some point, someone comes up with a match for you, and you're in the middle of it. I do not know when to stop. I'm not sure something like what you do. We go as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment